The digital arm of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), Reliance Jio launched its telecom services commercially in early September 2016. Under its current welcome offer, users may avail of a variety of Reliance Jio services that range from smart hotspot devices, high-speed 4G data, an extensive collection of smart phones, to premium applications.
These applications, available on Google Play as well as on the App Store, are worth Rs. 15,000 but users may enjoy these for free until 31st March 2017. Some of Jio’s popular applications include MyJio, JioMags, JioChat, JioCinema, and JioMusic, with MyJio being its gateway application.
The MyJio app is an application that allows users to manage all their Jio apps and services. Individuals may use this app to locate nearby stores as well as scout for neighboring JioNet hotspots. Through this app, users may avail of a variety of Jio services using their single Jio ID.
The application seamlessly allows users to:
- Manage and track usage of all Jio apps
- Keep a track of calls made as well as data used through cellular network and Wi-Fi
Manage JioFi devices
View and update account balance in real time
- Get a detailed 6-month statement
- Recharge multiple accounts or pay monthly postpaid bills
- Connect with JioCare experts to solve queries
- Manage and update ‘do not disturb’ (DND) preferences
- Update and personalize user profile, alerts, and Jio account
Using the MyJio app
MyJio can be downloaded on any smartphone operating on iOS OS 5.1 or higher and Android OS 4.0 or higher using Jio’s 4G services. Users may access the app with the help of their Jio ID and password. Individuals who have a Jio SIM card can avoid this process by selecting the ‘Skip Sign In’ option on MyJio’s homepage.
- Download MyJio from Google Play or the App Store
- Select the ‘Sign Up’ option displayed on the app’s homepage
- Enter the assigned Jio customer ID or Jio phone number
- Select the ‘Generate OTP’ option which will send a one-time password (OTP) to the registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP in the required field
- Fill in the email ID and password to be registered as the Jio ID
- Verify Jio ID through the email link within 24 hours
- Log into MyJio using the ID and password and enjoy the range of Jio apps
Reliance Jio’s high-speed 4G services and pricing strategy has directly impacted the popularity of its applications. Jio applications have surpassed leading chat and social networking apps to dominate Google Play. Of the top 15 apps on the Android market, 10 include Jio applications.
MyJio continues to reign as the most popular app, owing to its multi-function usage and gateway facilities. While all Jio applications have crossed 1 million downloads, MyJio has witnessed more than 10 million downloads. MyJio is expected to retain its standing due to its features that let users track necessary details comprehensively and manage all their Jio apps, devices, and services.